Saturday, July 9, 2011

Working.

Last few weeks have all been about working...getting a lot done, finishing up projects and recharging. Time at the lake/ocean with the girls...cleaning out clutter...getting ready for round 2-3 or what ever round I am on. I find that I do this after a series of projects and madness, gives me time to reflect, organize and regroup.


Finally picked up first yardage screen last night, 20 yards will be printed, no matter how imperfect or nutty it gets, we are doing it. COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINE postponed the shoot till August. Blessing really. Since I had a deadline before the shoot and now another on Monday which would have been the day after. So that is a good thing. AND they wanted curtains added to my living room. Something I have thought a lot about actually but nice to get a kick in the rear and actually follow through with it. So I will keep you all posted. Will be an amazing experience. I really love the photographer TARA DONNE and stylist, OLGA NAIMAN..work about sums it up. (click links-amazing).


Two great surface design projects coming up--lots of drawing in my future. Very excited about a Japanese company wanting 5 prints for some accessories for a Winter launch as well as a US company that manufacturers outdoor fabric for the trade has asked for some help with a new line they want to produce for a more modern and eclectic customer. Both sell to high end demographics and believe in great design. So very excited about these two lovely opportunities. I can't tell you how I miss drawing and working like this. I have been so focused on branding for others as well as the ACORN Catalog which turned out great....


ACORN went to press this past week and between the amazing photoshoot and working with an amazing group of individuals at ACORN, Sonya Purington / Christine Berube and amazing stylist NANCY NORTON. You can check out some of the creative below.


I am also working on some logo and design work for a new soap business that I believe will be mostly on etsy. I love doing type and embellishments--wild drawn florals etc. Really loving where those are going...


AU and I have been teaming up on a different level these days. We have partnered up and I took over the branding/promotion side of things as well as redesigning website. WINKY LEWIS shot some amazing lifestyle shots and will be featured online and on all promotional material. I love her. 


AND as we speak I am currently buttoning up comps for the rebranding project for PORTLAND, MAINE. A new direction for the city to promote the urban soulfulness that PORTLAND has to offer. I also read recently from a cool blog that described it as OLD WORLD CHARM..that has played a roll in my designs. A research company did a ton of back end research work and gave us a lot of info and working through all that. This one is challenging since it will be so public--but also because it is going to brand my city but also set the tone for a million pieces that follow. I was awarded this year long contract and so very thankful.


So that is all in a nut shell. Oh and of course working on new pillow designs, a few bag designs and working on getting a ton of my own new prints on my new screens so I can roll them out this FALL. I woke up the other morning thinking about a way to get a bag out of the pillow prints. SO I have been sketching out someway to make a cool bag out these 20x20 prints. So yes they will be square, (have another shape coming as well that takes off from a found vintage bag I have fallen madly in love with)..I been wanting to do a few bags since I started since I am bag obsessed. But just applied for a trade mark for my name "erin" on bags and they are saying I need them in the market place to move forward. So yes, stitchers will be getting them done very soon to get that rolling and yes, get me out my head once again and in production!


Girls are going to camp this Summer--learning to swim and doing all those Maine camp activities and little Ary is going to ROOTS a few times a week getting back to her little friends which she has missed. They are visiting Mimi today so focusing on getting a ton done. What would I do with out family? Between both our parents we would be lost. 


Thank you so much for caring, sharing your feedback, pillow pics and just being apart of this little life. e















1 comment: